Good Morning, Bird!

Vote for this contest contender!

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

What a wonderful and special moment and such a good picture of the bird. He is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

---Robyn

Thank you Robyn. :) It was special as you say. That bird took all my stress away in those moments. Animals can be so comforting. :)

What a way to get your exercise!

Beautiful bird - nice photo -

I am always glad to see beautiful creatures.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have this pleasure also.

Yes cybergrannie :) Can't imagine a world without birds. Thank you for taking the time to see and read !

Nice bird. Wonder what it is. If you hadn't mentioned Arizona, I would have assumed it to be a shore bird.

It does look like one doesn't it ? :) I wonder too. Have not been able to find out. Hmmm.

According to Anne, I was right. It is a shore bird. But, looking at some distribution maps tells me that according to the seasons, it can be found about anywhere in the Americas.

They are sluggish in daytime and don't really become active til near nightfall. Guess that's why he sat so quietly for you to photograph him.

Great information likekinds ! :) You definitely know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched but could not find any information. That's very interesting and educational to finally know where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

You were right likekinds ! :) You know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched and could not find anything. It's great to finally know. That's very interesting and educational where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

That is a Black Crowned Night Heron. http://www.audu … wned-night-heron

Thanks Anne ! Mystery solved. :)

grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos
Photos WildlifeDecember 22, 2016
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings
Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 3, 2017 at 12:57:21 PM on 10.0.2.235 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.