Good Stuffing Recipes

Has anyone got a really nice recipe for stuffing?

Karolyn from Dublin

Answers:

Good Stuffing Recipes

I never liked stuffing or dressing when I was growing up. But then I started to make my own and now I love it. I have two different ways I do it:

Cornbread Stuffing/Dressing:

• I cook a pan of cornbread and let set overnight crumbled up and left in a bowl.
  • I fry 8-10 pieces of bacon and drain, crumble and set aside.
  • I fry one package of pork sausage, drain and set aside.
  • I saute' in a large pot, one small onion, chopped, along with a clove or two of garlic in about 1/2 c. butter or margarine.
  • I cook onion just until onion starts to become translucent.
  • Add one can of chicken broth. I make my own using 2 c. water and four chicken bouillon cubes. You can use less bouillon if you would like.

I then add my seasonings:

• salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2-1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp. ground sage
  • 1 tsp. ground thyme

Start with a little and add more to suit your taste once all is mixed together. Add cornbread, bacon, and sausage to pot and stir well just until bread is moist. Stuff inside the turkey or place into a 13x9x2 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.

Cook for 30-45 minutes on 375 degrees covered in foil, then take foil off and cook another 10 minutes, or so. If cooking inside of the turkey, go by directions on the turkey packaging.

Store-bought crouton style stuffing: I follow the same recipe above minus the bacon and sausage and using the store-bought crouton style stuffing. (12/01/2004)

By Princess Frogee

Good Stuffing Recipes

I use store bought bread stuffing when it's on sale. I add enough bulk pork sausage to make a 50/50 mixture-you can lightly brown sausage if you want to. I add chopped apples, celery, raisins, carrots, green peppers, onions, and walnuts. (Any nut will do. No, not relatives.) Just play with the mixture to your preferred liking.

One year I didn't make it during the holidays, because we were eating at my mom's and, boy, did I hear it. (12/03/2004)

By Fran Marie

Good Stuffing Recipes

If you want a down home recipe for just plain old stuffing, I've got an excellent one. First, make your cornbread. Let it cool and then crumble 6 cups into a large bowl, add 1/3 cup butter, 4 slices of light bread, torn into small pieces, 1 1/2 tsp sage, 1/2 tsp pepper, 3 cups chicken broth, then 2 beaten eggs.

Mix with your hands really good, then add 1 cup chopped celery and 1/2 cup chopped onion. Lightly grease 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown. You can add chicken to this if you want. But when you already have chicken or turkey why do you need another meat? Plain old dressing is good. this is the traditional dressing. (12/04/2004)

By Beverly

Good Stuffing Recipes

I have a really good dressing recipe. It is crock pot dressing and my family loves it. Mix two boxes of store bought stuffing as directed on box. Place half of stuffing mix in a 5qt. crock pot. Layer with Colby cheese, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, one can of cream of mushroom soup, and one can of white chicken meat. Top with remaining stuffing mix and cook on low setting for 4-6 hours.

My sisters all want my recipe for this dressing, but I will not give it to them. I take this to all our family dinners and everyone look forward to getting it. I don't give this to any of my family, so I will know that I'm bringing a dish that no one else brings. (12/15/2004)

By annmert

Good Stuffing Recipes

This is a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe from my sweet little Italian mother. It's different from the usual bread stuffings, but it is delicious. Here you go:

Mom's Dressing

Recipe By: Gloria Brogan

Serving Size: 16

Cook at 350 degrees, for 30 to 45 minutes.
Combine:

• 4 lbs. potatoes, mashed
  • 5 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 large onions, chopped
  • 1-2 lbs. bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces*
  • 3/4 of a large bag, stuffing cubes, herb flavor
  • butter, for mashed potatoes
  • milk, for mashed potatoes
* You can use anywhere from 1 to 2 lbs. of bacon, as you wish.

Prepare mashed potatoes with butter and milk. Fry bacon, onion, and celery together. Combine meat and veggies with prepared mashed potatoes and the stuffing cubes. Season to taste. Salt, pepper, sage and/or any seasonings you want, or none. Fill turkey. Bake unused portion of dressing in separate bowl for last 30 to 45 minutes of oven time. Depends on amount in bowl.

Description: Stuffing for Turkey with Potatoes and Bacon

Yield: 5 Pounds

Per serving: 282 Calories (kcal); 14g Total Fat; (45% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 24mg Cholesterol; 560mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

(12/15/2004)

By msjudishome

Good Stuffing Recipes

• 2 1lb loaves of bread
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 pkg bulk sausage
  • 1 lb butter
  • Poultry seasoning

I place bread on a cookie sheet and toast in oven. While that's toasting: Saute onions and celery in pound of butter. Brown sausage. Blend all above with bread, add water as needed and poultry seasonng, salt and pepper to taste. (12/28/2004)

By warriormom11

Thanksgiving Stuffing Being Made in a Large Saucepan
Stuffing Recipes
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Meat Stuffing
Mashed Potato and Ground Meat Stuffing Recipes
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing
🎉
🎄