Gooey Stickers off Glass

To get gooey stickers off glass, use a little lighter fluid and then scrape with a razor blade.

Kelly

Answers:

Gooey Stickers off Glass

I just saw your idea for using lighter fluid and razor blades to remove stickers from glass. I have something a lot safer and easier. If the glass can be put under running warm water put one drop of dish detergent and a little baking soda on the sticker. Rub the sticker off with a damp rag. Rinse off the glass under warm running water. The baking soda won't scratch the glass. I make homemade hurricane lamps and use this method to remove price tags from the glass globes and candle holders.

Mechele from Renick, Mo. (01/21/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Thrifty Tips for the Week of 1-23-2004

Here's another tip for removing price tags on glass items. If you don't need to use the glass immediately, put anything oily on the sticker. This will loosen the glue and make it easy to wash off. You can use cooking oil or shortening (such as Crisco). I even use peanut butter. Let it sit for a while, then wash off with warm water and a soft cloth. Repeat if necessary. (01/23/2004)

By 3grlmom

Thrifty Tips for the Week of 1-23-2004

I am a user of lighter fluid in place of the expensive "Goo Gone" and similar products. There is no need to use a razor blade. Just use a little patience. I wanted to use a covered pie pan from the grocery store deli to hold candy for a Valentine. It had a label on the clear plastic lid that was about 4 inches in diameter.

I squirted it with lighter fluid and let it set about 5 minutes. The entire label lifted off in one piece. I then washed the lid with hot soapy water and it left not a trace of label or glue. Lighter fluid, unlike oil, can be used to remove labels from magazines or that stamp that you need to put on a different envelope. It evaporates completely without a trace once you lift of the label.
(02/18/2004)

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Gooey Stickers off Glass

I sprayed an old cologne all over the sticker and let it soak through for a minute or so and then I started to peel from the edge and it came off very easily. Cologne is mostly alcohol I believe. All the best.
El (04/17/2006)

By Elliot

Gooey Stickers off Glass

Selsun blue works, as well. (12/25/2006)

Gooey Stickers off Glass

Windex works really well really fast and is a lot safer and more convenient than a lot of other options. It really came in handy for those annoying price stickers that they use at stores for glass products. (12/24/2008)

By Windexisgod

Gooey Stickers off Glass
Gooey Butter Cake
Gooey Butter Cake Recipes
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
child's hands cutting out a butterfly drawing
Making Homemade Stickers
🎉
🎄