Gorilla Glue for Attaching Glass to Glass

I have used several glues to glue glass to glass. I started with E-6000, but found that the tube of glue was useless after 2 or 3 uses. It wouldn't bond anything anymore. I switched to Gorilla Glue. I use the water activated kind. You just run a damp washcloth over each piece of what you are gluing. It expands a bit while drying to fill holes, and best of all the glue in the bottle doesn't dry up.

We moved in cold weather (10*F), and when I got my cake plate out, the stand part that had been "gorilla glued" to the plate, came off. Just like it had never been there. So I had to scrape the dried gorilla glue off the stand to reattach it. Maybe the gorilla glue wasn't such a great idea in the first place.

I began creating glass sculptures to sell and used water activated Gorilla Glue.The pieces came apart and the glue was easily peeled off. It also does not dry clear. I am still searching for the best adhesive.

I have used goop automotive goop, it adheres really good and drys clear, ive done different projects , glass to glass.

I'm searching as well for the same reason. Let me know if you've found anything.

Anonymous

Have tried E6000 does not work. My jar I glue to a candle stick,did not hold very good

Hi,

With glass-on-glass glue projects, both edges need to be sanded a little bit with sandpaper.

My friend made me a redneck wine glass and I walked in while she was sanding the bottom of the jar and the top of the candlestick. She used the E-6000 glue.