Graduation Party Ideas

I'm planning my first graduation party for 2 daughters. One will be a college graduate and the other a high school graduate. I need ideas.

Andrea from Ellenwood, GA

Answers:

At my graduation party (in 1989!) my parents had each of my guests (varying in ages from 5 to 85) stand and tell the one thing they remembered most about me during my first 18 years! My sister recorded this whole thing on tape and then later wrote down the responses in a Memory Book. They had planned this in advance so each guest knew what they wanted to say. I still have this book and it is so funny to read it now that I am 34. The best one? From my high school best friend "She taught me how to tease my bangs in 8th grade!" Gotta love the 80's!

By Reba Gayle Shurden

My cousin graduated last year. Her parents mailed out a request with each of her invitations for all invited to share their 'secrets' to their successes in life--marriage, education, child-rearing, etc. or just their best wishes for her future. They asked that each 'essay' be returned before the party day. They had them bound into a beautiful notebook and presented it to her at the party. Everyone had a wonderful time reading each others' entries and becoming more familiar with close family and friends than they might have otherwise been. It was a precious gift. Will do same for my daughter when she graduates in 2010!

By lipstick007

Display lots of pictures of the graduate from when he or she was a baby up to the present day.

By Allison

How about queen or king for a day. Present a crown, cape, flowers and scepter. Have people represent someone from the grads past by reading a vignette about that persons relationship with the grad and having him/her guess who it is.

By Linda

At my daughters open house for decorations I used cardboard toothpick holders. Painted in school colors,had a square of poster board on top with embroidery thread for the mortarboard. I used another 1 for the diploma. I rolled up a piece of paper with "DIPLOMA" typed on it & tied with a ribbon. Turned out real cute. Hope this helps.

By Christine

An activity idea that works for both high school and graduation parties is a time capsule. Place memorable items from the graduate s school years in the time capsule. Have guests place personal notes to the graduate as memorable keepsakes.

By fun-theme-party-ideas

What a great discussion.

Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation Party Ideas
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Graduation Party Cupcake
Physicians Assistant Graduation Party Ideas
🎉
🎄