Graduation Party Ideas

We will be throwing my daughter a graduation party and I would like ideas on food, decorations, and entertainment for everyone. I really need help planning on food for at least 50 people. Thank you.

By PennieB from Algona, WA

Answers:

Graduation Party Ideas

A lot is going to depend on where you live. Here in SD some people get carried away having two kinds of sandwiches, potato salad, pasta salad, jello salads, cake, cookies, etc., along with iced tea, punch, and coffee. Then there is the type of party like people had when I graduated (100 years ago) and like my kids had, where we served cake, coffee, and punch. Decorations can be whatever a person chooses. There again some are quite elaborate and then some are just a single bouquet of balloons, or a flower arrangement. I would say it depends on each person's budget and tastes. (05/24/2009)

By redhatterb

Graduation Party Ideas

As already posted, it depends on how much you want to spend and how elaborate you want to be. My son graduated 2 years ago. We had an open house. We set up a canopy (my parents have) or the ones you rent, in the back yard. We were able to use tables from friends and rented chairs. We got white plastic table cloths and put bowls of M and Ms on the table along with navy and silver curly ribbon. It looked really nice. We got regular M and Ms however you can order whatever colors you want if you are willing to spend the money.

People walked through the garage to get to the backyard. We hung cheap navy and white curtains around the garage. We had the guest book, pictures, and the card basket set up there. We had a cake with his picture on it and served the other cake until it was gone. The cake was also displayed until needed.

Our food was simple. We served wraps that can be bought at Sam's, chips, relish tray, cake, mints, and nuts. For drinks, we served punch and we had a keg of rootbeer. The rootbeer is something we have done for our kids on several different occasions. This was one thing my son really wanted at his party.

For entertainment, we did nothing special except have the radio/cds playing.

Our party was simple, but enjoyed by all. I hope this helps. (05/24/2009)

By CRMom

Graduation Party Ideas

My daughter had a wienie roast with chili, chips, streamers, and balloons. Really simple and low toned. Very inexpensive. We had a wonderful time. (05/25/2009)

By bevstoy

Graduation Party Ideas

Dollar Tree always has grad decorations. I also bought a poster and went through the kids pics. I printed out a title "NAME....through the years" for the top of the poster and then made copies of all kinds of pics and glued them on the poster.

I had a special table set up with my child's diploma, senior picture. Over the years I saved special papers, awards from each school year and I put these out, too. I filled a binder for each school attended (elementary, middle, and high) and put them out as well. Those binders were a surprise to the kids they didn't know I was saving those memories. We served chicken wings, hotdogs, chips, beans, potato salad, soda, and usual stuff like that. The only thing I ordered was the cake. I had sent out invites only for close family/friends, so our party was about 1/2 the size of yours. All the best. (05/29/2009)

By kghsave

Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation Party Ideas
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Graduation Party Cupcake
Physicians Assistant Graduation Party Ideas
🎉
🎄