Grease Spots on Cement

Does anyone have a remedy for grease spots on cement driveways or patios? I've dripped grease from the BBQ on our patio, and our older car leaks oil onto our cement driveway. I'm willing to buy any product, or try any home remedy for this problem.

Grease Spots on Cement

Spray with oven cleaner then sprinkle on cat litter and cover with plastic sheeting. (02/17/2005)

By multiple

Grease Spots on Cement

Home Depot and other home improvement stores have a chemical called TSP (it stands for something - I just don't know the chemical name!). It's in the paint section in a box if I remember correctly. Just sprinkle it on, scrub it away with a brush and voila - it's gone! We also used this to remove Thompson's water seal on a fiberglass porch because it made it too slippery and it worked great! (02/17/2005)

By Maureen

Grease Spots on Cement

Try kitty litter - I know it will get car oil up off garage floors. (02/17/2005)

Grease Spots on Cement

I've used kitty litter, and oven cleaner to no avail. The grease has sunken into the cement. I will try to the trisodium phosphate TSP. For years I've heard that it's an effective cleaner. Anyone else have a good solution?

Tressa (02/17/2005)

By Tressa

Grease Spots on Cement

I have heard that WD-40 will work, though I have never tried it. (02/18/2005)

By acope

Grease Spots on Cement

My husband uses spray on brake & parts cleaner for things like oil, grease, paint that have soaked in to the concrete. He brushes it after it sits a while (protect eyes) & uses pressure washer to wash it off. A brush & water hose should be effective also. Rinse very well or scrub w/ soap & water after. Good Luck. (02/24/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Grease Spots on Cement

Spirit of Salts! (07/22/2007)

By gurth

Grease Spots on Cement

Wipe up the excess with a paper towel, then spray WD-40 on it. Let the WD-40 sit for 5 minutes, then wipe it off. Then spray it with 409 to remove the WD-40. Wipe the 409 up and either let it dry or rinse it. It works for me. If the grease or oil is old and dry; you will need to chip it down to the concrete's surface. (10/07/2007)

By Dan

Grease Spots on Cement

Old stains from oil leakage is best removed with TSP in a 10:90 ratio with H2O. Allow solution to stand 5 minutes, then use hard bristle brush to assist the cleaning action.

Wash away the wet wash with garden hose or pressure washer. (01/14/2008)

By Rich R

Grease Spots on Cement
Stains on Cement
Removing Stains on Cement
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper