Grease Stains on Carpet

My husband tracked grease all over my brand new carpet. Will anything get it out? It's light brown carpet.

Kimberly from Villa Rica, GA

Answers:

Grease Stains on Carpet

I was thinking maybe Goop hand cleaner or Dawn dish soap. They both remove grease off hands, so maybe it would work on carpet, too. (09/11/2006)

By Cheryl from MO

Grease Stains on Carpet

The Queen of Clean recommends a product called "Holy Cow" for many cleaning problems. I haven't bought it yet, but will. She says you can buy it in Walgreens. Check out azfamily.com, to read about the Queen.
(09/12/2006)

By Pat

Grease Stains on Carpet

My boyfriend is in the newspaper business. One day he came home with his work shoes on and got ink all over our brand new area rug, that was only about 2 weeks old. So I called good old Mom to see what she recommended. She swears by "Lestoil" on all stains (it even took battery acid and grease out a pair of my sisters white shorts, when we were growing up). So I immediately ran out and got some. I put it directly on a rag and worked each stain and it all came out. You cannot even tell that it was there. The carpet looked just like brand new again. Needless to say, he never wore work shoes home again.

Good Luck. (09/12/2006)

By Karen

Grease Stains on Carpet

My husband was a salesman for roofing products and I found grease/oil stains on the back of our new car's (light tan) carpet from the cans. I used straight ammonia on it and rubbed and it took it all off. It works great on grease stains. Be sure there is lots of ventilation. (09/12/2006)

Grease Stains on Carpet

I live at my mom's house and my fiance works in a trucking garage. Anyway to make a long story short he came home and tracked truck grease all the way up my mom's white carpeted stairs. I was horrified, because I knew how she would react. I was reading through some of the tips I found on the internet and the thought of putting more chemicals on the already "ruined" carpet scared me even more. I went up to her cleaning closet and found a product called "Awesome", I thought what the heck. I sprayed it on and wiped it with a damp terry cloth, it came right out. My savior. (06/19/2008)

By Brandie

Grease Stains on Carpet

The gas company came, because I thought I smelled gas leaking. I'm a little paranoid. The guy's toolbox left grease marks everywhere he sat it down on the carpet. I used baking soda mixed with dish liquid, and water (just a little bit to make liquid) let it sit for a minute. The stain came right out. (09/19/2008)

By Shi

Grease Stains on Carpet

We have had some grease stains on our carpet and tried everything even "Awesome" and nothing would get it out. We shampooed our carpet and it looked terrible, so I looked up on the internet "Grease stains on carpet" and it mentioned using hand cleaner. We tried it and it took all the grease up. So I recommend using Joe's hand cleaner on grease spots, on carpet. (11/15/2008)

By Faye M.

Grease Stains on Carpet

I had grease stains on beige carpet and tried our Hoover SteamVac with the upholstery brush, but it didn't work. Then used Dawn dish detergent with a wet paper towel. I went back over with the SteamVac and viola! They were gone. (12/01/2008)

By eggymar

Grease Stains on Carpet

Use GoJo hand cleaner. (02/04/2009)

By Melissa

grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄