Grease Stains on Carpet

I picked up some graphite type grease on my shoe and tracked it through three rooms before I saw it. I don't want to start cleaning with the wrong solution and smearing it. Does someone have a solution? It is on green and also white carpet.

By Joseph from Sebring, FL

Grease Stains on Carpet

Rub baby powder or any talcum powder on it and brush in well. Leave it set a few hours, vac and repeat! I took tar off my new carpet with this. (02/04/2011)

By lavonneann

Grease Stains on Carpet

Call any janitorial supply store in your area and ask them for a heavy duty degreaser. Mix according to the instructions and spray on grease area. Blot out with a wet towel and repeat until its gone.

By nolacarp

Grease Stains on Carpet

You may want to watch this video that takes grease out of silk or other fabrics, it would work for carpet grease stains. (04/05/2011)

By easy99

grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet