Grease Stains on Suede Shoes

I broke a bottle of Zyrtec (allergy liquid medicine) and it went on the suede part of my shoes. Shortly after this happened, I went to a shoe repair store who told me "you can't get grease off of suede". He had some foam product that I didn't buy.

I am in desperate need of advice, because I have a hard time finding shoes to fit. I just read to purchase a suede eraser (where do I purchase this?), or a pencil eraser if you don't have this, or medium sandpaper used sparingly. Any input is greatly appreciated.

By Karen

Answers:

Grease Stains on Suede Shoes

First of all you should sponge the stain off the suede as much as possible. As I suspect that with liquid Zyrtec it will be mostly syrup + alcohol. Try sponging and letting dry several times. A suede eraser should be available at a shoe repair shop or online, it's just a gritty eraser. The sandpaper and so on is suggested to raise the nap of the suede once it has become shiny

If it is grease, you can use powder on it ASAP to absorb the oils. (Bath powder or even compact powder will do.) There are suede cleaners, and I have seen them in the dollar store, but the repairman is right. It is a tricky job. If the spot is too hard to get off you might consider wetting the whole shoe or a greater part of it to even out the color. I did that with a red suede dress once. Good luck (10/23/2009)

By pamphyila

Grease Stains on Suede Shoes

Rubbing cornmeal into the suede will clean it, but will also lighten the color. Try a test area, then dampen with water and brush with a suede brush. Scouring the suede with sandpaper will remove the leather bristles. (10/24/2009)

By Cajun62234

Pair of men's suede boots in hall
Cleaning Grease Stains on Suede
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
🎉
🎄