Green Worms in My Zucchini

This is my first year growing zucchini. I noticed a few days ago that there was this semi clear goo on one of the big zucchini. I thought nothing of it. I went to cut off a sort of dead malformed one today and noticed a small green worm that was about an inch long. I checked the other zucchini and noticed small little holes on the outside.

I brought it inside and stuck it inside a Ziploc bag to show my brother. About 30 minutes later about 15 small "worms" came out looking for air (I assume). I was severely grossed out. I have the plant inside of a cage and I have noticed that the stems leading out to the leaves have a tendency to bend and droop to the ground.

What should I do and what insect is this? Something has also been taking small bites out of my tomato and strawberry plant. I am dumbfounded with this problem. When I look really close they look more like a caterpillar and have multiple legs. The picture is very close up and the color is supposed to be a light green almost Lima bean color. Sorry that the picture is not that great, but it's all I have currently. Please help.

By Krystal L

Answers

Yes it's a caterpillar, Worms are brown and live in the soil. It is from a white butterfly known as a moth that always frequents veggie gardens, Many gardeners believe leaving broken egg shells around veggie gardens, cause the white moths to think a moth is there already laying eggs, and they go elsewhere. Good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJune 8, 2011
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🎄
🍂