Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich

This is one of my favorite hot sandwiches, especially with hot soup on a cool day like today:

• Sliced Sourdough Bread
  • Ad
  • Sliced Home Grown Tomatoes
  • Sliced Sharp or Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • Mayonnaise
  • Garlic Powder
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • Butter

Place two large pats of butter on opposite sides of griddle or iron skillet... Turn eye to medium and allow the butter to melt.

Meanwhile, apply mayo to one side of bread slices, two slices per sandwich. Hold knife at such an angle as to press the mayo into pores of bread. Cover one slice with layer of sliced cheese, cover cheese with layer of sliced tomato. Sprinkle liberally with black pepper and garlic powder, then cover with the other bread slice.

Grill in butter on hot griddle until cheese is melting and bread is browning nicely. Cut sandwich corner to corner and serve with napkins, these things can get messy.

By Alph from Greenwood, SC

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich

Good sandwich. I just picked my last heirloom tomato for the season. It was delicious and I remembered making grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches when I was a kid (a long time ago). Still awesome! (09/30/2009)

By DelCarpenter

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich on red plaid tablecloth
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipes