Browsing: Groom's Dinner Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Groom's Dinner Ideas

A supper held before the wedding is usually the responsibility of the groom's family. This guide contains groom's dinner ideas.

Groom's Dinner Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 2, 2010 Flag

I am the mother of the Groom. The wedding is in August, 2010. I don't have a clue. The Bride says I am responsible for the rehearsal dinner. My sister asked what the plans are for the Groom's dinner. Are these the same thing?

By Lynn from St. Paul, MN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Maybe your sister is confused because there is such a thing as a Groom's Cake (not every wedding has one). But there's no celebration to honor the groom. Except the Bachelor Party, if there's going to be one of those!

The Wedding Rehearsal Dinner is for the Groom's side of the family to pay for. This is usually the only thing that the Groom is responsible for except getting his tux and getting his groomsmen fitted for their tux. My daughter is getting married in May 2010 so I know what needs to be done.

But if he wants to do other things as well, sure he can do that.

Never heard of a Groom's Dinner. I had two sons to marry and we were responsible for the rehearsal dinner for both weddings. For the first wedding we were asked to pay for the Bride's bouquet and the groomsmen flowers. We rented a small restaurant which provided the meal, beer, wine and decorated the tables for one very reasonable price. The second wedding was more elaborate and held in an upscale restaurant. We provided matching ties for all the groomsmen, father and brother of the bride. I usually responded based on the bride's wishes. My friends' advice to me was "keep your mouth shut and wear beige" . I didn't wear beige but I always kept the bride's and my son's wishes in the forefront. Two beautiful weddings.

My daughters husband was from out of state. We did the rehearsal a couple of months in advance. It gave out of town grooman time to come in and have a day with their buddy and do the tux thing and we did the rehearsal that afternoon/evening. The wedding was 300 people at my house. So we did the rehearsal at my house. It gave the families time to bond and stress free.

If you do it the night before it creates more stress for last minute things forgotten and messed up travel arrangements and it doesn't leave a window for out of town bridal party to travel for the wedding. We took a vote and everyone loved coming in advance. It worked for everyone and they raved about it. They all said they would do it for their wedding because it was more pleasant.

Read More Answers...

December 17, 2008 Flag

Our son is getting married next Fall and does not have a clue what kind of Groom's/Rehearsal dinner. I need ideas for decorations. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks much!
Cynthia from St.Paul, MN

If its a fall wedding, take small carving pumpkins and hollow them out, fill with water and float a brown or rust colored floating candle, add a leaf garland around the base.... super cheap and easy!

I think it would be important to know a little about your son, his friends and the venue for said dinner. Does he play a sport? Does he like boats? Some of the best decor is the kind that showcases a life or a personality. The kind of room guests will walk into and say " Wow, this is sooo ( your son's name)", makes it that much more familiar yet unforgetable. Good luck.

Weddings PlanningMay 16, 2013
tissue paper rainbow rose
Rainbow Dinner Decoration Ideas
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Wedding Rehearsal
Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Invitations Ideas
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:22:56 PM on 10.0.2.169 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.