Groom's Dinner Ideas

A supper held before the wedding is usually the responsibility of the groom's family. This guide contains groom's dinner ideas.

Groom's Dinner Ideas
Filter Sort

Question: Is There a Difference Between the Rehearsal and Groom's Dinner?

By Lynn Shellenberger 4

I am the mother of the Groom. The wedding is in August, 2010. I don't have a clue. The Bride says I am responsible for the rehearsal dinner. My sister asked what the plans are for the Groom's dinner. Are these the same thing?

By Lynn from St. Paul, MN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cheecky 2 15 Flag

My daughters husband was from out of state. We did the rehearsal a couple of months in advance. It gave out of town grooman time to come in and have a day with their buddy and do the tux thing and we did the rehearsal that afternoon/evening. The wedding was 300 people at my house. So we did the rehearsal at my house. It gave the families time to bond and stress free.

If you do it the night before it creates more stress for last minute things forgotten and messed up travel arrangements and it doesn't leave a window for out of town bridal party to travel for the wedding. We took a vote and everyone loved coming in advance. It worked for everyone and they raved about it. They all said they would do it for their wedding because it was more pleasant.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Decorations for a Groom's Dinner

By Cynthia 1

Our son is getting married next Fall and does not have a clue what kind of Groom's/Rehearsal dinner. I need ideas for decorations. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks much!
Cynthia from St.Paul, MN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Amanda 5 Flag

I think it would be important to know a little about your son, his friends and the venue for said dinner. Does he play a sport? Does he like boats? Some of the best decor is the kind that showcases a life or a personality. The kind of room guests will walk into and say " Wow, this is sooo ( your son's name)", makes it that much more familiar yet unforgetable. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Guests at Groomsman's Dinner

Who exactly should all be invited to the dinner? Should it be the wedding party, parents of both couples, grandparents of both couples?

By Kim B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Weddings PlanningMay 16, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
tissue paper rainbow rose
Rainbow Dinner Decoration Ideas
3 woman at a bridal shower.
Bridal Shower Etiquette Tips
Easter Chicken Craft
Easter Craft Ideas
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:35:47 AM on 10.0.0.34 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings