Ground Beef Haystacks
Vote for this contest contender!
This stackable dish is described perfectly by its name. You layer a variety of foods to create a delicious meal. This recipe has been passed down through my mom's side of the family. It's quick and easy, which makes it a perfect go-to meal when you don't have a lot of time. Best of all, every member of the family can build their plate with what they like. You can add more or substitute ingredients too, like lettuce, sour cream, onions, etc. I think if you try these haystacks once, you'll definitely want them again!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1-2 tomatoes
- ranch dressing
- 1/2 bag corn chips
- Cook the ground beef and add approximately 4 oz. to your plate.
- Heat 1/2 cup pinto beans in the microwave for a minute. Add it on top of the ground beef. Make sure not to use more beans than this, or the flavor will overpower the beef.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese next.
- Melt the cheese in the microwave. Cut up the tomato and add the desired amount on top.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Add a handful of corn chips and at least 1/4 cup of ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 16, 2017 at 11:08:05 PM on 10.0.2.207 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us