Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Group Halloween Costume Ideas

It is fun to get together with your coworkers and come up with group Halloween costume ideas. This is a guide about group Halloween costume ideas.

October 12, 2009 Flag

• two pillow cases
  • plastic coffee can lid
  • two pieces of white felt
  • marker
  • scissors
  • two large pieces of cardboard
  • string

Instructions:

We took two pillowcases and cut head and arm holes in them for the peanut butter and jelly. We used plastic coffee can lids for the top of the jar and tied it on like a hat. The labels were sewn on felt with the words written in marker. The bread was cut out of a large piece of cardboard.

Source: Family Fun magazine gave us the idea of a sandwich and we went from there!

By Jennifer from Millington, MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Elvis costume

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Halloween costumes for work. Many workplaces encourage their employees to come to work in costume for Halloween.

October 3, 2013 Flag

I work at a local boys and girls club. We are having a haunted house and party for our members. There is a staff of about 10. We need a theme for the members to enjoy as well as our staff.

By Danielle from Taunton, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Adams Family. With all their quirky relatives, you can surly get 10 people to make up like 10 of them. Adam, Morticia, Lerch, Wednesday, Pugsly, is half right there! If you do send us a shot?

September 17, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a super easy idea for office Halloween costumes for a group of 6 or 7 people. Last year we all dressed as usual and carried signs saying "Nudists on Strike!". I am looking for something simple like that. Anyone?

By C. L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Several years ago I worked in a fast food place and none of us got real carried away for Halloween, mostly due to the job. I wore a sign around my neck that had a picture of Elvis glued to it and the words "I am the King." I got a lot of comments at the drive up window.

For two-three years my daughter wore jeans to work with a western style belt( the only problem was we had to figure out how to cover her name that was tooled into the back of it, so after the belt was in her belt loops, I took a piece of brownish felt and wrapped it around the letters and safety pinned it on the back side of the belt. Then she wore a one of her Garth t-shirts and a kid's cowboy hat from WalMart. She was Garth. lol

Take an older T-shirt or sweatshirt and paint a large letter "P" on the front. Then use black or dark gray make-up (eyeliner, eye shadow, eye pencil, anything really dark) under and around one eye.

You are a "Black-eyed Pea!"

Could you all dress in white shirts and black pants like waiters, and put a sign around your neck which says Waiting For Godot? Or the name of a popular restaurant in your area whose staff dresses that way? You could buy clothesline at the dollar store and wind it around yourselves several times because you're all tied up at work. You could get plain helium balloons, attach them to your shoulders and be cartoon characters with word or thought balloons over your heads. Write the name of your favorite cartoon strips on the balloons.

Copy and cut out local statutes, laws for the city, county and state, etc out of law books. Pin them to your suits and become...what else? Law suits!

Simple, cheap and sure to get a laugh out of everyone. Enjoy!

A few years ago, I was on staff at an elementary school. Teachers wore black, brown or white clothing. Someone brought in black, & brown face paint & we painted our noses black or brown. Ladies wore their hair in two pony tails to simulate dog ears. Others clipped construction paper ears to their heads. Some used rope or cloth belts for tails. Some made black labels & cut them in the shape of spots, then put them on their clothing.Some even wore dog collars. The kids loved it when they saw the staff dressed as dogs.

August 22, 2002 Flag

We are having a Halloween costume contest at my work and have to do a theme for our department. However, we are having a little trouble coming up with an original idea for 5 girls and 1 guy. We would really like to win so we can get an extra pto day so if you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them

Thanks,
Jeannette Stoddard

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think it would be great for the women to dress up as playboy bunnys and the man to dress as Hugh Hefner.

Good Luck

i want a very inexpensive(cheap non sleazzy) non reveiling costume but i don,t want to be scary or a princess do you have any ideas? something i can wear in a public work place that won't scare children and won't look inappropriate.

i apologize for offending anyone, but i saw something on a website where a group dressed as mormons, the guy was the husband and the girls were his multiple wives. =)

I got that same dress for my batmitzvah it's so great and also 4,000 dollars there's one like it at davids bridal except in ivory i hope you find it

You know that robert palmer video with all the girls in black dresses with red lipstick. you should all dress like that and have the guy be robert palmer.

i think the Calfornia Rasians would be very cute i think their is about six of them. and u could play the song Hear it through the grape vine.

September 16, 2009 Flag

I'm on the drumline in Marching Band at school. Every year the band does Halloween parades and we are instructed that each section needs to think of Halloween costumes and dress up. We need to think of a group Halloween costume. There's about 26 people on the drumline, I am one of 2 girls. Any ideas on what we can be?

By xdthatsrockin from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

26 people all dressing alike was a hard one for me. I suggest you do the people in the Micheal Jackson video thriller. You should be able to find it on you tube and view the costumes. It is very halloween and a very timely story so most people will know exactly who you are.

How about a barnyard theme: a farmer, farmer's wife, all the different animals. Not scary but could turn out very funny.

I thought of some more ideas:

26 letters of the alphabet. Along the parade route you can do different formations to spell out things to the crowd.

You could do something to play on the fact that there are only 2 girls: like the girls dress as football players (I'm sure you can borrow uniforms from your school) and all the boys have to dress as Hooters waitresses (a white man's tank with an iron on transfer saying "hooters" on the front that can be made on anyone's computer, short orange shorts of any kind, wigs, lipstick, and definitely the front of the shirt "stuffed"). You could do two Hugh Heffners and a bunch of Playboy bunnies, or two Frankensteins with a bunch of scary brides.

I like the "Thriller video" idea! That would be really cool. Here's a few more ideas to toss around; pirates (easy-bandanas, eye patches, drawn on beards, ect.), "traditional" halloween-witches, ghosts, mummies, ect., kind of like the barnyard idea previously mentioned...you could go with zoo animals. Hope that helps.

Here's a couple of ideas for groups:

1: the "head" family

easy to put together

mop head, pot head, bed head, bald head, bone headeraser head, pin head, hammer head, nail head, etc. the popossibilities are immense.

A few years later we went as the "board" family:

key board, mother board, flat board, chalk board, white board, black board, out board, in board, etc.

Good luck

October 17, 2012 Flag

I want to dress up as 3 sheets to the wind for Halloween with my 2 other friends. What would be a good way to do that?

By Cheri

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would take sheets or guazey fabric put stiffener on it. Then let it dry with something to keep it straight out on one side, maybe using a hanger or stick of some sort and number the sheets 1,2,3. I would love to see your creation if you try it! Hysterical.

Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 16, 2012
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Elvis costume
Halloween Costumes Ideas for Work
Making a Playing Cards Costume
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 29, 2017 at 10:34:16 AM on 10.0.0.233 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.