Grouping Silverware in the Dishwasher

When you put your silverware into your dishwasher, try grouping it in each compartment by the type. That way you can take out a section at a time and put all the spoons away together, and the same for forks and knives as well. Makes emptying the dishwasher go a lot faster!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Grouping Silverware in the Dishwasher

I almost never do this, as spoons and forks have a nasty way of "nesting" and then they come out dirty with food stuck between them. I have taught the kids to separate them well so that this doesn't happen. (05/24/2006)

By susabelle

Grouping Silverware in the Dishwasher

I once thought that would make my life easier but NO, it is not easier. They nest just as Susabelle said. (05/24/2006)

By meoowmom

Grouping Silverware in the Dishwasher

I agree about the nesting. In fact, most articles and your dishwasher handbook will tell you to be careful of this. When we load silverware, we just go down the rows - putting a fork in each one, then a spoon, then a knife (you get the picture). That way, they are staggered and have a better chance for the water to get to them for cleaning. (05/24/2006)

By ccarnow

Grouping Silverware in the Dishwasher

putting the spoons together can sometimes cause problems when the spoons stick together (07/01/2006)

By wyoKrista

Nesting Spoons

I'm sorry but I don't believe in this theory of "nesting" spoons. I believe that the force of the washing thingymebob keeps them spoons from staying stagnant in the silverware dishwasher tray thingy.

(09/29/2006)

By Allen