AdviceGardening

Growing Avocado, Coffee, and Jujube Plants

I don't really know the specifics of growing plants from the seed. However, I am giving it a go. Right now I have an avocado tree growing slightly. I say slightly because it grew to about nine inches, and I was proud of the little guy. Then I read an article online that advised pinching it to about half it's height, so I did. Now it just doesn't seem to be growing like it was.

On top of that, I have two coffea arabica plants I am attempting to grow. The bag the seed came in said to let it sit overnight pretty much, and then another article online said it would take about 20 days of sitting in the water before it would be ready to transition into soil. Then another article said over night was good enough. So I planted two of the plants in some homemade recycled containers made into the plant's homes. I read a lot of other articles that recommended putting things into the soil, like coffee grounds, banana peels, egg shells, and such. So I added this to one of them and I didn't to the other, trial and error.

I was wondering basically whether or not anyone sees anything wrong with all of the methods I am basically using. If I hadn't read the advice I probably wouldn't have done any of the things I did. I just want to know if I am screwing up any of these plants. I also have a Chinese jujube I am hoping to have ready to plant by the time my daughter is born.
Any advice?

By CharlesWD from j-town, AK

Charles, once you pinch back the avocado it will take a while to start growing again. Just be patient.

Haha. That's kind of what I figured. I'm sure I would have a hard time growing if I was cut in half. I felt all kinds of bad though. lol. When my avocado plant was growing it was getting really tall! I was all proud and what not then I just chopped it in half.