Growing Dragon Fruit

Dragon fruit used to be a rare type of fruit. Now it is distributed and sold to our markets. This plant belongs to the cactus family. Based on facts I have read about dragon fruit, it contains various vitamins and minerals that prevent diseases like diabetes and joint pain. It contains antioxidants and more.

Photo Description
Dragon fruit used to be a rare type of fruit. Now it is distributed and sold to our markets. Its common name is pitaya. This plant belongs to the cactus family. Based on facts I have read about dragon fruit, it contains various vitamins and minerals that prevent diseases like diabetes and joint pain. It contains antioxidants and more.

I also researched on how to plant the seeds since I always buy this fruit. Someone suggested that it's best to have the branch planted for it will grow and bear fruit in a short period of time, but I can't find one. So, I researched and watched video tutorials. Based on the video, seeds are scraped off and placed in a piece of tissue and transferred to a mixture of sand and soil after three days. It grew sprouts after seven days. I followed the same procedure and it was a failure.

When I opened another fruit I scraped off the seeds with a spoon. I took a pot, fill it with wet soil and cultivated it. Then placed the seeds on the soil, mixed it up all together. Sprouts have grown after three days and it has grown well up to now.

Tip: If your soil is dry, pour in enough water to dampen it.

By the way, the seeds are edible and some dragon fruit contain white flesh.

Photo Location
Philippines