Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

My neighbor gave me half of his hydrangea last fall and I initially put it in water for a couple of weeks before putting it into a pot with fresh dirt. When I potted it all the leaves were fading and eventually died. It wintered below my porch (while I did nothing, but pray). It was on the south side of the house. Two weeks ago I checked it and to my delight I found lots of wonderful new growth at the base although the stalks are completely lifeless.

What do I do now? Beyond cutting off the dead parts I am not sure. Should I keep it in the pot or transfer it to a hole in the ground? Should I feed it or just water it? Please share your hydrangea experiences and advice. Thanks in advance.

By Cheryl from Washington, DC

Answers:

Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

I think you should transfer it to a hole in the ground. I planted a few from root cuttings last fall, but don't see any signs of life yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. (04/07/2010)

By Allison5

Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

OK! I've done nothing but water my hydrangea (in its pot) and look! Little tiny blossoms are popping up. I saw at least 5 and I couldn't just tell you. Here are some photos I took today. I'm so happy! (04/29/2010)

By poet-a-tete

RE: Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

(04/29/2010)

By poet-a-tete

RE: Growing Hydrangea From a Cutting

Hydrangeas Cuttings
Growing Hydrangeas From Cuttings
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Deadheading a Hydrangea
Deadheading a Hydrangea
Hydrangeas
Growing Hydrangea from Seed
Growing a Plum Tree from a Cutting
Growing a Plum Tree from a Cutting
🎉
🎄