Growing Sprouts

How do I grow alfalfa sprouts without buying the growing kit? I bought organic seeds, but I am not sure how to grow them at home.

By gran1cook from OK

Sherbet Tub

I use a big opaque sherbet tub (45 oz) size or a larger to-go container (ones with a clear top). I mix alfalfa and radish seeds together. Leave them in water for 24 hrs, kept in the dark and rinsed several times that first day. I use a fine mesh colander to rinse. After 3-5 days and rinsed every day, when they look sprouted, I put in a sunny window to green, then keep in frig and enjoy.

By Dj402

Mason Jars

I use wide mouth Mason canning jars with canning lid rims and plastic screen. I add 2 soup spoons of alfalfa seeds, a cup of water, and soak for 24 hours. Then rinse and store at an angle upside down. They are rinsed twice a day until ready to eat. The sprouts love growing at about 75 - 80 degrees F.

By Sappie

Homegrown sprouts on a kitchen table.
Growing Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts in Dish
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
closeup of a cabbage
Growing Brassicas
Brussels Sprouts
Growing Brussels Sprouts
Frozen Brussels Sprouts
Freezing Brussels Sprouts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 4:08:34 PM on in 864 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.