Growing Tomatoes in Containers

How do I grow tomatoes in containers?

By buzz from St. Paul, MN

Growing Tomatoes in Containers

Look here: (02/22/2010)

Growing Tomatoes in Containers

There are "lots" of helpful answers in the ThriftyFun archives below. By the way, my brother's nickname is Buzz because I couldn't say the word brother, but rather, buzzer. (02/23/2010)

By Deeli

Growing Tomatoes in Containers

I finally successfully grew tomatoes in pots last year. They were on a balcony in full sun. I used 5 gallon pots. The trick is to plant the plants very deep (cut off bottom leaves so stem goes deep), soak them every other day when it is hot and use a tomato fertilizer (mine was Armstrong's, which is where I bought the plants as well), once a week. I had so many I was giving them away like crazy because we couldn't eat them fast enough. I am in Santa Monica, CA. (02/24/2010)

By gamehen

Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Hanging planter baskets holding tomato plants with numerous yellow blossoms and green cherry tomatoes against a rustic background.
Growing Tomatoes in Hanging Planters
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes