Growing Vegetables From Seeds

When slicing tomatoes or peppers, I always slice them on a paper towel. Any and all seeds that fall onto the paper towel, I set aside for a couple of weeks and let dry out and then bury the entire paper towel in my flower bed and water as I water other plants in existing bed. Within a few days, seeds will sprout and voila! You have vegetable plants.

By Sharon from Florida

Answers:

Growing Vegetables From Seeds

I wish I lived in Florida with your long growing season. Have you ever done this with pumpkins? After we carved our pumpkins, I took most of the seeds and roasted them but all the ones on the ground I picked up and placed in the soil. I don't know if they will come up or not. I hope so. (11/02/2006)

By TC in MO

Growing Vegetables From Seeds

Sharon, thanks so much for telling us how to do this! So easy and simple! (11/05/2006)

By Jill

Growing Vegetables From Seeds

Thanks, I'll try that. (11/01/2007)

By ramona I

Growing Vegetables From Seeds

Many thanks, Sharon, for this very handy tip. The price of vegetables is expensive so I will definitely give this a go. I am moving to a small flat soon. Would it be possible to grow these in pots? If so, when is the best time to sow? Also, how long do they take to grow? Once again, a wonderful idea by ThriftyFun members. (10/12/2009)

By irisheyes

Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Organizing Seeds
Organizing Seeds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
Heirloom Tomato Varieties
Growing Heirloom Vegetables
🎉
🎄