Growing Vegetables in Upside Down Gardens

What success have you had with using the upside down garden method with vegetables other then tomatoes and peppers? Also what type of container did you use and what amount of soil is needed?

Hardiness Zone: 4b

By dduff from Plattsburgh, NY

I'm trying something this summer; I took 2 used hanging planters and opened the bottom so I could get the tomatoes in the bottom. I filled up the planter with planting soil and added 2 vincas to the top (for color). Then I planted 2 plants in traditional pots with something to tie them to later. I read on this site a number of ideas and while in my potting shed I came across the planters and thought "why not?" My d/h thinks I'm nuts, but it was only 4 tomato plants, not 400! I will check in on this question and let you know how I'm doing, OK? Wish me luck, as I do you. No pictures yet, maybe this weekend. (04/28/2009)

By mom of towers

I'm using an old clothes line pole here with iron rebar inside for support. (05/20/2009)

By melmarr

RE: Growing Vegetables in Upside Down Gardens

A basket of late summer vegetables and herbs from the garden.
Growing Vegetables
Kale after snow has fallen.
Vegetables That Taste Better After Frost
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Variety of garden vegetables and fruits in and surrounding a basket on a table.
Harvesting Common Garden Vegetables
Upside Down Cake
Upside Down Cake Recipes