Growing Viburnum

Category Shrubs
Guelder rose (Viburnum opulus)
There are over a hundred varieties of this easy to grow beauty. This is a guide about growing viburnum.

This beautiful tree was sort of an accident. I was looking for a dogwood and the nursery recommended this instead. My husband had his heart set on a dogwood so we planted it in our side yard between driveways. I'm sorry now that I didn't plant it where it would show better.

It flowers twice, in the spring and late summer. It was pruned to a tree form when I got it and I've kept cutting off any lower branches to keep that shape. One of my best gardening accidents.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
These viburnum flowers were in my friend's garden. Amid all the icy and snow-laden branches I said it looks like an ice-cream tree!

Photo Location
Fife, Scotland

Comment Like this photo? 3