Hair Dye Stains on a Leather

How do I hair dye stains from a cream leather jacket?

Sue from England

Hair Dye Stains on a Leather

Well, when using black hair dye, if you want to remove stains on skin, you mix a bit of water with cigarette ashes. After applying the icky mix to the skin, most of the dye comes off. I can't say it will help, but if it's bad enough, it may be worth a try. (08/25/2006)

By Beffy

Hair Dye Stains on a Leather

I have the same problem right now. It comes mostly off if you use some alcohol on a cotton ball, and you could also try a mixture of lemon juice and cream of tartar (equal parts), or cuticle remover, but not nail polish remover. These are what I looked up o the internet. It gets most of it out, but nothing has removed it completely yet. Good luck. (12/09/2007)

By Rachel

Hair Dye Stains on a Leather

Do not use nail varnish remover; it strips the leather. (08/13/2008)

Hair Dye Stains on a Leather
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub