I had a friend who was a really good hairdresser and she gave me several tips for hair care.
1) Make sure you get your hair really wet for the first shampoo. Most people don't get as effective a shampoo unless the hair is thoroughly wet.
2) Scrub your fingernails with soap and a nail brush before you get into the shower, otherwise it is like using your hair for a fingernail brush! Yuck!
3) You really only need a dime sized amount of shampoo to do a thorough job..
4) Every two to three weeks, wash your hair with a different shampoo, it will perk it up nicely!
I have used these tips for years and I always get compliments on my hair now.
By Mandy from Redmond, Wa
Thanks for the heads up on this.. I would add rinse, rinse, rinse. I once read that you should rinse until you thought it was enough and then rinse once again. Rinsing may be the most important step of any washing procedure... clothes, etc.. (04/02/2006)
By Carol in PA
After I get out of the shower, I add a pea size to dime size amount of conditioner to the ends of my hair and let air dry (or blow dry). It helps to keep away the split ends! (04/04/2006)
My friend who is a really good qualified hairdresser told me these.
1) Shampoo hair twice
2) Condition just the ends NOT the roots!! (as this makes hair flaky and greasy)
The main aim is to get the shampoo at your hairline especially under your hair by your neck is where all the dirt gets to.
I wash my first shampoo in bath water...I then wash the second shampoo with the shower head, and then rinse out the conditioner with the shower head because you should always have clean fresh water for clean hair. In the bath water is like washing in your dirty water.
I wash shampoo with hot water and conditioner with cold water just for extra shine!! :-)(b)(/b)(b)(/b) (07/06/2007)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!