Halloween Gift Ideas

Category Halloween
Brown paper bag kit with fun glasses.
If you are looking for a cute Halloween treat for the kids to take to school or for some special children in the neighborhood, consider something homemade. This is a guide about Halloween gift ideas.

Great for kids classmates or special kids that you see on Halloween. Also great for craft shows. Great halloween party loot bag.

Approximate Time: 15 Minutes

Instructions:

1. Start making your popcorn.
  2. While that is popping, take paper bag and fold 1 inch over at top. Now use hole puncher to make holes going through both sides on each side of bag.
  3. Take some Halloween design scrapbook paper and type your message. I have tons of fonts, but select what is best on your computer. I wrote "Halloween Kit: A costume and a treat."
  4. Cut out wording and glue to bag. You can change up the words to what you like.
  5. Then, fill with popcorn, refold over top and slip gag glasses through holes. This keeps bag closed.

Note: I got the gag glasses for $1.00 at Dollar tree.

By Carol from MA

Halloween goodie box. Made from paper, ribbon and stickers. Purchase plain wood boxes at Michael's or other craft store for $1.00 and decorate in any theme. Great for teacher gifts.

By Diane from Leesburg, VA

This is a guide about making a mini pumpkin candy bouquet. Make this cute candy bouquet to give as a gift or use as a holiday centerpiece.

Making a Mini Pumpkin Candy Bouquet

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

Use Halloween theme papers to create a fun card, tag and wrapped sweets.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

Card and Tag:

Make a 4 x 5 inch card and 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch tag from purple cardstock.

Trim the edges with decorative-edge scissors.

Layer Halloween papers on card and tag, then adorn with bows, buttons, and 3D sticker.

For the Sweets:

Wrap the candy with a small piece of orange dot paper. Wrap purple ribbon around the center of the sweet and tie a bow.

Accent with a button in the center of the bow.

By Maricel from Fairfax, VA

Painted wooden box to put your Halloween candy in.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

1. Use screwdriver to remove screws from hinges. Not a necessary step but makes it so much easier to paint if you do this, then you don't have to worry about keeping paint off of them.
  2. Of course you can choose your own colors, and stamps. I painted the box black, using a brush, and let it dry, I didn't paint inside because I am putting candy inside and don't want it on the painted box.
  3. I dipped my foam brush into the water and squeezed all the water out. I dipped it into the paint and then used to put the paint onto my foam stamps and then put them onto the box how i wanted it.
  4. Clean the foam brush in between colors. When I have everything on there like I liked it I then painted it with mod podge to seal it.
  5. Make sure you clean your foam stamps with a little soap and water and let them dry thoroughly.
  6. Add Halloween candy and makes a sweet gift for someone.

The stamps I actually won, but they were only 99 cents, the box was $1.99 at Hobby Lobby and had the paints so this was a very reasonably priced craft. I was able to make three for only 6 bucks.

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

I want to send treats to school with my son, but I don't want to send sugary food. Any suggestions?

By Milena L from Windsor

Tiny bags of popcorn. Raisins or other dried fruit. Natural fruit leathers (no sugar added.) Sugarless candies. Pre-packaged cut up fruit (though this could get expensive.)

You can go to the dollar store and get packs of crayons, colored pencils, erasers, children's books or something else the kids can use. You can also send popcorn, sandwiches cut with a Halloween cookie cutter, dried bananas or other fruit.

Mini bags of pretzels (Sam's) are what I give out for Halloween. We usually get 20 to none at our front door, so I have to make it something we will eat, yet can purchase in bulk and not be too expensive.

No matter what you send, there is going to be someone in the class who can't eat it. Ask the teacher first about children in the class with gluten intolerance and diabetic diets.

My brother used to take cheese cube, stick a pretzel stick in each cube, then put a pretzel ring on each stick. The kids loved them.

The dollar stores have so many things like small puzzles, activity books, creepy pencils, I saw some bloodshot eyeball round erasers! They even have Halloween storybooks and cute coloring books. You should have no trouble finding a good selection. I'd like to be in your son's classroom that day, I love Halloween non-candies!