Hamburger Potato Casserole

Fast, easy, good and, of course, comes from Grandma!

• 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 can drained green beans
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • Ad
  • approx 4 cups mashed potatoes
  • cheese, bacon bits (optional)

Cook and drain grease off hamburger. Put cooked ground beef in bottom of casserole dish. Take can of drained green beans and mix in bowl with can of tomato soup, yes mix soup and green beans right out of can. Don't add water or heat up, just dump both cans and mix. Take that mixture and layer on top of hamburger. Next take mashed potatoes and layer on top of green bean mixture.

Cover and reheat in an oven at 350 degrees F, for approx 30 minutes, or until bubbly. I would always make this after a night where we had mashed potatoes, I would use the left overs. Instant also works just fine. You can add cheese or bacon bits to top of mashed potatoes. Use your imagination. This tastes great and will feed at least 5, and has all your food groups, except the desert one.

Servings: 5
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: All I know is that my Grandma made this a lot, don't know if it is a copy or not.

By Karen from Greeneville,TN

Hamburger Potato Casserole

This sounds similar to a veggie casserole I make! It uses soy ground, mixed veggies and a few added spices: cumin, oregano, sage. Thanks for sharing! Condensed tomato soup is good for so many recipes isn't it? (04/09/2009)

By freya1970

Hamburger Potato Casserole

hi, I don't really care for tomato soup or can green beans but this combination you (or Grandma) came up with really sounds "tasty" to me--gonna try it. Thanks (04/16/2009)

By joanie47

Hamburger Potato Casserole on Plate
Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger and Macaroni Casserole
Hamburger Casserole Recipes