Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

I want to do something really sweet for my boyfriend, for Christmas. I would like to make it myself. He loves football and he plays most sports. I bought him a couple of shirts and I'm going to make the card myself. But I want to do something else homemade, too. Any ideas?

By Milly from Springville, UT

Answers:

Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

Well that depends on what you can do dear. Any craft skills? Knit a sweater? Do you paint? Draw? Sing? Play an instrument? Cook? Clean? Give us a list of what you're good at and I'm sure we'll think of something. (12/05/2009)

By Suntydt

Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

How about one of the no-sew fleece throws? You can get the fleece in team colors or even with the team name/logo. There are lots of directions available (free) online, so your only cost would be the fleece, and most fabric stores are having great sales right now.

Here is one that only uses one layer of fleece, you could adjust the size for a bigger guy. Project Linus is mostly aimed at blankets for kids.

projectlinus.org

Here is one for the double-layer: fleeceblanket.org

Good luck! (12/06/2009)

By Jilson

Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

What about a scrap book including photos from when he was young with his sports as a theme? You could play secret squirrel and get copies of old photos from his parents/guardians, and make them into a unique gift that he would cherish (12/09/2009)

By merry50

Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

You could make a football shaped pillow from brown fleece. If you made it bigger than a regulation football and fringed the outside edges, then all you would need to do was tie the fringes together to make the pillow. Cut small slits in one piece (you would only need two pieces) and lace with a cool shoe lace, then tie together using 1 fringe from one edge and one from the other. Knot each twice for security. That's no sew, but if you sew, after doing the lace detail, put wrong sides of the two pieces together, sew them together leaving an opening for stuffing. When stuffed firmly, sew the opening shut. (12/10/2009)

By thriftmeg

Handmade Christmas Gift for Boyfriend
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for an Adult Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎄
🍂