Making a Sock Easter Bunny
Turn a common sock into this cute Easter Bunny. This is a guide about making a sock Easter bunny
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is similar to the sock snowmen everyone was making at Christmas time. Well, I searched through my crafts before buying new materiels and found the tube socks, the bags of rice and thought, I wonder if there is a way to make a white bunny? You shall see.
I spent all day Sunday making these bunnies with my young granddaughters. We had so much fun. When we were done, we sat them on a paper plate filled with green Easter grass. What a nice Easter centerpiece for all to enjoy!
Total Time: Takes about 30 minutes after you have everything laid out!
- long white tube socks- they are at the Dollar store, price is for 2 pairs ($1.00)
- 2 lb bags of long grain white rice - at the Dollar store ($1.00)
- 1 package medium size pink pom poms
- 1 package tiny pink pom poms
- 1 roll of pale pink tulle to make ribbons and bows
- 1 small package of medium size eyes
- 1 package thin elastic bands
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/4 yd pink material
- 1 piece of poster board (white)
- glue stick
- a few little dark pieces of wire, cut into pieces for whiskers
- sewing shears
- Using a pair of sewing shears, cut a tube sock at the end of the striped tubing.
- Open up the sock, fold over the edges, place a funnel in the sock.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups rice into a measuring cup. Now pour it into the sock.
Related Content(article continues below)
- To keep the rice from spilling out, tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Now, make the head out of the toe of the sock. Not too big, bunnies are small. :)
- When you get a firm hold around the head of the sock, wrap an elastic band around it twice. Lay it down.
- About 1/3 way down, you want to plump up the bunny's tummy. Decide where to stop and put on another elastic band. After the tummy, empty out the remaining rice leaving the rest of the sock for later.
- Now, to work on the ears. Using a piece of poster board, cut out a pair of ears (ovals with a pointed top). Now use them to cut out the pink material (2 pieces). Place 1 piece of pink material on each side of the poster piece using a glue stick to glue them together. Save the stencil to use later.
- Using the hot glue gun, put a lot of hot glue between the head and the body, stand the ears and push the head toward the body until the glue dries.
- Using the small pink pom poms, you will make the nose and cheeks. Put three very small dots of hot glue all around like a triangle, where the mouth should be. Place one pom pom on top and two below side by side.
Then for the 2 eyes, place two dots of glue where the eyes should go, and place your eyes.
Add 3-4 wires on each side of the nose with a drop of glue for whiskers.
Get out 1 large pink pom pom and put a large dot of glue on the end of the body for the bunny's tail.
- Now, you have left over sock past the tummy. Every bunny has little feet. We want to separate these two feet.
- With your scissors cut the material in half by cutting evenly down the center of the material. Tie in a knot all the way up as far as you can. Trim the edges and you will have tiny little bunny feet!
- Using the tulle, cut off enough to tie around the bottom half of the bunny and make a pretty bow. Then make another bow around the back of the neck and the ears.
March 16, 20160 found this helpful
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 7:39:04 AM on 10.0.2.68 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us