Handmade Wedding Veil

My daughter is getting married next year. She got her dress and almost cried when she saw what the veil costs. She asked me to make her headpiece. Her gown is ivory, so I went to the craft store and bought a ready made plain veil. They sell single and double layer veils for under $40. It is roll hemmed already and gathered to attach it to a comb or whatever type of adornment you want. Her gown has beautiful pale green and pink beads and embroidery on the bodice, hem and along the back. I took a close up picture and blew it up. I went to the craft store and purchased tiny seed beads and embroidery floss to decorate the veil myself.

This will be a special gift for her, made by Mom. And it will save her a few hundred dollars. I made my daughters veils' when they made their confirmations and my daughter remembered this. So I am hoping this veil comes out really great, something she can keep and cherish. Since I have a year to work on it, I should do just fine.

By Valery from Cranford NJ

Answers:

Handmade Wedding Veil

That is so nice you did that for her. My mother made my headpiece (like a band with combs) from my great-grandmother's wedding dress, and then my MIL hand knotted little "roses" at the bottom. I still have the sample piece with the headband. We lost my MIL's handmade dress I wore in a storage facility fire, along with all her memorabilia. I only have a few items, plus pictures. I hope she treasures your hardwork in a safe place for her future daughters or DILs! (08/21/2006)

By camo_angels

Handmade Wedding Veil

I'm so sorry you lost your things to a fire. That must have been hard on you. Thank you for writing. (08/21/2006)

By valery

Handmade Wedding Veil

We had almost no money when we got together so my brother bought my food for the reception , my mom made my food, veil, cake, and all the food. An aunt did my pictures and one gave us a honeymoon. There is nothing better than having a nice cheap wedding. My white dress and his tux and all the other things came to a low price of $1500 for everything! I had a pinata and the works! We only knew each other for 3 weeks before we got married and we just celebrated our 13th anniversary. Everything is over rated, don't let it get you down. (08/22/2006)

By tlcdsfit

Handmade Wedding Veil

My mom made my 2-tier veil with 2 yards of ivory sparkle tulle and a clear comb. We just folded the tulle in half, held it up to my head to gauge the length and how much to overlap the edges, and then she rounded off the corners and bottom with a rotary cutter (I chose not to have embellishment, but it would be easy to sew beading, ribbon, or lace on). She then used needle and thread to gather the top and sewed it to the comb for a gorgeous result for under $4. (07/19/2008)

By sigma28

Embroidered Wedding Veil
Making a Wedding Veil
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Veil
Craft Uses for Wedding Veils
🎉
🎄