Hang Clothes Backward

When your closet is bursting at the seams and you just have to get rid of something but just can't decide what to part with, take all of your hanging clothes and hang them backwards, with the hook part facing you. Pick an amount of time, like a month, a season or a year, and the clothes that are still facing backwards, donate! You won't feel so bad because you know you haven't worn them.

By J. Smith from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Hang Clothes Backward

Hi, Great idea! Thank you (06/04/2007)

By Sherri

Hang Clothes Backward

This came at exactly the right time for me, I had that very thought today. I won't buy new hangers, rather send along to thrift shops (where many came from) whatever isn't in the loop any more. Thanks! (06/04/2007)

By Kim Ch

Hang Clothes Backward

Love it, love it, love it. Now if I could just get my husband (the pack rat) to do that! (06/04/2007)

By bjptl

Hang Clothes Backward

Oh! My mother would drop her teeth if she heard our planning to do that. She always said, "Never hang your clothes backwards in case of fire or tornado warning, you cannot get them out because of the hindrance the clothes hangers cause." Yet, the chances weren't too great until we had two fires in our home over the 35 years. So, I'd add to the idea by suggesting that we just ' head 'um on up and move 'um on out. Now, to get me to begin doing that is another question since I'm so compulsive ! Also, I've lost 15 lbs and 15 inches, so I may need those I don't wear because they're a dress size smaller. God bless you. : ) (06/05/2007)

By Lynda

Hang Clothes Backward

An excellent idea, and one I intend to practice as soon as I have the time to move everything around! God bless you! (06/05/2007)

By tedsmom

Hang Clothes Backward

I've been doing that also. At the end of a season, I can easily see what I haven't worn and then give it to a friend or to Good Will. (09/28/2008)

By walter88

Hang Clothing Backward In Closet
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
🎉
🎄