Hanging Curtains Without a Rod

How do I hang floor to ceiling drapery panels from the ceiling on either side of a shower/tub enclosure without using a shower curtain pole?

By Memory from Raleigh, NC

Answers:

Hanging Curtains Without a Rod

Assuming the drapes are lighter in weight (just guessing for a shower area) I would try hooks in the ceiling that could fit the adjustable cafe curtain type rods. (01/05/2010)

By caninecodependent

Hanging Curtains Without a Rod

Double Velcro attached to the curtain and then mounted on a piece of wooden trim. Attach the Velcro with staples, tacks, or contact cement to the trim. Affix the trim to where you want it to be, using wall plugs and sturdy screws, then attach the curtain to the trim. No rod, no fuss, all done.

(01/09/2010)

By hedera

Hanging Curtains Without a Rod

I just did this recently, as our new apartment has a separate bath and shower. However, it is very white: walls, fixtures, etc. Since we can't paint, I wanted to add a bit of colour into the bathroom. There was no shower curtain rod installed, which allowed me to put up some floor-to-ceiling curtain panels (like sheers). I used a tension rod (spring-loaded, adjustable) for putting in a closet. They come in different lengths, colours, and finishes and are fairly affordable.

One other option you might consider is a wire system. I know they have these at Ikea, but are likely available elsewhere too. That might look better if you want to have the curtain open, since you mentioned wanting them on each side. I keep mine closed since they are kind of sheer and just use a hook to hold them back when I want to use the bathtub.

Tina in QC (01/09/2010)

By tchase65

Bottom of white curtains without a rod.
Hanging Curtains Without a Rod
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
🎉
🎄