Hard Water Stains In Toilet

Hello frugal family! We live in a community that has some really hard water. I use a pumice stone to clean the hard water stains. I was told those commercial tablets you put in the tank are bad for the toilet so what's a tightwad, er I mean frugal hubby to do?

Any suggestions appreciated (SMILE)
Jim in FL

Answers:

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

I just discovered that a paint scraper tool works :) (05/05/2005)

By Bygraceandmercy

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

We got some ChemFree Mineral Magnets for the toilet tanks. These attract the minerals that make the hard water stains. You first need to clean the toilet and the tank, then put it in. They seem to work very well and cost about 5-6 dollars. You can easily spend that much on cleaners in the 5 years that they last. They are also safe for septic tanks, pets and kids.

We got ours through Miles Kimball but there are other places on line that carry them. Google "Impex ChemFree" and you will find some sources.

Susan from ThriftyFun (05/05/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

The ChemFree Mineral Magnets are now sold in Home Depot. I saw them there just this weekend. I have used them for over 15 years now and they work great! (05/05/2005)

By gardencraft

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

I had this same problem.. the toilet upstairs was AWFUL! It hadn't been used in years. I drained all the water out and put CLR in it.. came right off and looks like new. Believe me.. it's worth the $5 the CLR costs. I get mine at Walgreen's.
Hope this helps! (05/06/2005)

By Cindy

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

Try denture tablets. (05/06/2005)

By MrsMoted2

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

We have extremely hard water here to and the product that works like magic is called "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner. Be sure and get all the water out of the tank, make sure the surface is dry and put The Works on it, let it sit for couple minutes and poof the rust and hard water stains are gone. (05/06/2005)

By Dawn

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

Hi Jim; Family Dollar Store has a product called Sno Bol. I paid 1.50 for a 24 oz. bottle, and it saved me the cost of a new toilet. Follow the simple directions, and in minutes you'll have a wonderful surprise~! I usually try to avoid harsh chemicals, but I was desperate (05/07/2005)

By Dolly

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

Try Bring-It-ON water spot remover. It's a paste that you wipe on, leave on for a few minutes to dissolve the minerals, and wipe off. Invented by a gal that got tired of trying things that didn't work!
(09/04/2007)

By donrowlett

Hard Water Stains In Toilet

Just so everyone knows, The Works does not work. I drained the bowl and put the super thin blue just in the bowl and waited 45 minutes. Nothing. The only thing it did was turn water stain blue, so now it's worse than it was before. At least Easy-Off BAM will bleach the mineral stain so you don't see it as much! Next. (10/28/2007)

By ThisDoesn'twork

Toilet being scrubbed with a toilet brush by someone wearing pink rubber gloves
Cleaning Hard Water Stains from a Toilet
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄
🍂