Hard Water Stains on Windows

At my model home, the irrigation system sprays the windows and the storm door on the front door. They are all covered with hard water stains. I know Whink will work but I can't find it in my little neck of the woods. What else can I use that won't harm the brass tone trim or the vinyl sash? I have oxy cleaners and The Works. Will either of those work? I have several spec homes with windows that need to be cleaned so I am looking for the quickest and easiest cleaning solution.

Tracy from Twin Cities, MN

Vinegar and Water

Use 1/2 cup white vinegar added to 1 gallon of water. Just mix and apply with soft rag or out of spray bottle. I wear rubber kitchen gloves, as this can be hard on your hands. If the hard water spots are stubborn, I just use straight vinegar. Be sure and wear rubber gloves.

By Gladys Hill (07/29/2006)

By moderator

Dishwashing Detergent

Powdered dishwashing detergent with jet dry. I used to use for the cleaning houses on the beach. Salt water spray is a pain to clean as well. (07/31/2006)

By Especielle

CLR and Lime-Away

I've used CLR and Lime-Away. Lime-Away worked the best. I squirted it at the top of the window and used a soft cloth or squeegee to distribute, waited a few minutes and washed off with a hose. This also worked on my daughters car when she parked to close to the sprinklers and got hard water spots on her door and windows. (08/01/2006)

By SweetCali40

Oxyclean Warning

I have a warning about OxyClean: Always use rubber gloves. It ate my hands and feet with a single layer of liquid splashed on them. It put our friend on the critical list at the hospital. It almost destroyed someone's toes. It is hydrofluoric acid, or something that strong, and there is nothing to help except from the hospital, and the damage is so painful for over six months! The chemical works, but requires more than careful usage and safety if used on things one touches with the skin. Good luck and god keep you in his care. (08/13/2006)

By Lynda

Hard Water Spots on Windows
Removing Hard Water Spots on Windows
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 23, 2016 at 12:12:39 AM on in 952 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.