Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

Is Magic Jack worthwhile?

Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

I bought the Magic Jack, and promptly took it back after only a week! The reception on my phone was terrible using it. Plus every time an email or an IM or anything else came through my computer the person I was talking to could hear it, to the point that he couldn't hear me! Plus if my computer even slowed down, I'd lose phone service. It was absolutely terrible!

If you do decide to get one, get it from Radio Shack. They were real nice about taking it back and giving me all of my money back. (07/23/2009)

By Cricketnc

Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

I am on my second year of using the MJ. I learned how to adjust the volume and speaker and have no problems hearing anyone. One thing I have noticed, at high internet usage times it cuts out sometimes, other than that no problems (07/24/2009)

By panamapam

Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

Before you purchase this product, check their FAQ's section regarding what area codes are available. I live in Washington state and was given an Alabama area code! The only person I spoke with on it was my daughter who has one also so doesn't pay for long distance calls. MJ says that more area codes will become available and there is the possibility of being able to "port" your current home phone number to MJ. In the meantime I've unhooked my unit until they fulfill their promises. The reception was great the few time we spoke, though. (07/27/2009)

By catcrony

Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

I took it with me when I went to Dubai and Kuwaut in Dec 2008, it worked great, saved me tons of money on LD, I bought another unit and gave to my sister in Dubai, I call her on it and she calls me all the time, saves us the ld charges. (07/29/2009)

By soloenme

Magic Jack Annoying popup ads

I found a great little program that hides the Magic Jack screen and still allows you to use your phone. It stops those infuriating popup ads and the little clicking sound that goes with them. You can enable/disable this program anytime you like. Its called "magichide" Do a google search for download - It's FREE! :) (09/26/2009)

By peteosco

Has Anyone Used "Magic Jack"?

I purchased one just a few months ago. And it seems to work fine. When someone is using the internet and opens a new page it may have a pause in the conversation, but other than that it works great. The connection is great. (01/07/2010)

By brayj

Magic Jack Reviews
Magic Jack Reviews
Faxing With Magic Jack
Faxing With Magic Jack
Using Magic Jack
Using Magic Jack
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor