KidsParties

Have Child Take Photos

We recently attended a Cinco de Mayo party at a friend's house. I have a nice camera and brought it just in case, but felt a little uncomfortable getting it out since I didn't know everyone very well.

The host's little girl really wanted to take some pictures. Since it was her birthday, I decided to let her snap a few (while I had a death grip on the camera). She had so much fun running around playing paparazi and the adults all hammed it up big time for the kid with the camera :) We did end up with a lot of blurry shots, but we got some great eye-level close up pictures of the kids that I never would have gotten if I'd been taking the pictures.

We have an old point and shoot that is darn-near indestructible. Next time I have guests over, I'll let the kids use it. Who knows what we might end up with, and I can always delete the blurry ones.

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

I think this is a great. Children could have a chance to learn to shoot pictures and even work with them on the computer. This will introduce them to an adult world hobby, or carrier.

Most of us have old digital cameras that aren't being used, or inexpensive new ones that a child could be using.

Almost 60 years ago I received a Kodak Brownie camera. I still look at the pictures I took back then. It was a wonderful experience. Today's camera's don't limit the amount of pictures taken or have a cost to develop film which limited the number of pictures I could afford to take. Also teaching children about how to take better pictures by looking at ones they took that aren't good and trying to improve. All this without waiting for the development of the film.