Having Internet Without a Computer

Category Internet Tips
You don't necessarily need a computer to access the internet with other devices, such as a Kindle. This is a guide about having internet without a computer.

I gave away my computer when I got my Kindle Fire. I don't have the internet at my home, but someone in my building does. Yes I use their service. I don't like doing this, but does anyone have a suggestion how I can get online with no computer and no home phone?

By Sandy

Where I live the best I can do is dial up... which sucks at best. When I really want some quality time I go to McDonalds or KFC. Almost all McDs have WiFi and many KFC restaurants do also. I purchased a WiFi detector to check places out before asking if the WiFi is public or private.

An option you could have is to find out who has the WiFi you have tagged onto in your apartment and approach them. You could offer to give them $20 a month to let you tag onto their service. The Kindle isn't a heavy internet devise so with that knowledge they may appreciate your assistance on the bill.

Hi - I am glad that you feel "bad" about using someone's WiFi service because that should not be done but I also can understand how you would like to have a connection.

The BIG thing about you using someone's service is that their service is unprotected and anyone can be using it other than you. This may not be a problem for you but it could be a very big problem for them.

IF you know who it is then it would be doing the right thing to let them know their service is unprotected.

As for yourself, the other suggestion was very good.

I suggest you go on the internet and ask the question and see what kind of answers you get. You may be surprised at how many people have asked the same question - and may have some ideas for you to try.

Many smart phones can be used as a hotspot.