Headlight Is Fogged Up

On my Honda Civic my passenger headlight has fogged up, and I would like to know how to polish it back to normal. I think water got in somehow and caused a hair line crack in the headlight. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian from Burlington, NC

Answers:

Headlight Is Fogged Up

If you mean the fogging is really a discoloration of the lens so it looks milky, you have 4 choices;

1. Buy a new lens, but they are pricey.
2. Pick up a lens from a junkyard.
3. Get a kit made by 3M Co. available from auto part stores that will polish the lens
4. Or...forget about it.

I don't know if your unit is a sealed unit with the bulb irremovable or not. If the bulb is removable then you may be able to take out the bulb and and use rolled up paper towel to wick out the moisture. That is if there is water inside the headlight. I think the headlight lens has become opaque and is not water. Have you taken the car back to the dealer for his opinion? (10/13/2008)

By Harry

Headlight Is Fogged Up

Pick up some Meguiar's Plastx. It's in a white plastic bottle and is a plastic cleaner and polish. I have an older car and it helped with the cloudiness on my headlights. The bottle says removes fine scratches, oxidation, grime, haze, and cloudiness. You can get it at any Auto Parts store or maybe even Wal-Mart. It was only about $4. Hope it helps you! (10/13/2008)

By nightrain71

Headlight Is Fogged Up

White toothpaste! (10/22/2008)

By xxDIMPLESxx

Headlight Is Fogged Up

Windshield repair businesses in our area just added "Headlight lens restoration" to their ads. Since some lenses now cost hundreds, this could be worth the investment. (09/17/2009)

By MikiStewart

Guide
Hazy Headlights on VW Rabbit
Cleaning Foggy or Hazy Headlights
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 12:33:59 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 947 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.