Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Blueberry muffins are great way to start the morning. This page contains a healthy blueberry muffins recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I've been making muffins so I can have a quick, nutritious breakfast on a workday morning. I made some substitutions in the recipe to use ingredients I had in the house. This is a keeper!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Source: Shoprite circular
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used toasted coconut vanilla)
- 3 Tbsp honey (I used 2 packets of Stevia)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup blueberries (not thawed if frozen)
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon peel (I used orange)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, honey, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Whisk in yogurt until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing gently. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
In This Guide