Hearing Aids Reviews

Category Hearing Aids
Hearing Aids
Knowing what to expect from a product you are purchasing, can help you get the hearing aids that will work best for you. This guide contains hearing aid reviews.

I am having a hearing problem and am checking into getting a hearing aid. Can someone tell me their experiences with this - whether good or bad.

Need this quickly.

Billie from GA

Hello,

Ibought the Audium2 on-line and it works perfectly for me. The quality is amazing and the price was right. Hope this helps.

Chris

Hearing Device

This Web site:

www.Age-In-Place.com

offers two ALDs (assistive listening devices) that our customers say work great.

A hearing evaluation by a hearing care professional can help determine your individual needs. Digital hearing aids can work for every type of hearing loss, but there are many different technology levels. The most important thing is to find a hearing care provider that you feel comfortable with. The service and ongoing care is an important ingredient in rehabilitating your hearing. It is not a product that you are buying "off the shelf".

It is a hearing solution that varies depending on many individual factors. Understanding how hearing aids work and how the brain can be rehabilitated to improve speech understanding is a huge factor in someone's success in adapting to amplification. Most hearing care clinics carry many brands. All these brands have different technology levels. For example, Siemens has an entry level circuit all the way up to the latest technology available.

The individual that is working with you and the ongoing care you will receive is the most relevant factor in this process. That said, Siemens, Unitron and Phonak are all leading manufacturers and have informative websites, as does Sonus. (Sonus is a network of hearing care professionals, not a hearing aid brand.)

A friend of mine wants to know if anybody has bought them (diyhearingaides) and if he can trust the company.
Thank you.
Irma

By Irmgard from TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

Anyone have any experience with their repair service?

Thanks.

I have had DIY hearing aids for 4 years. Excellent service. Excellent performance. Very, very professional group of folks.

Product: Sonus Hearing Aids

Manufacturer: Sonus

Request: What are the best hearing aids? How is Sonus?

Harold Sims from Gulfport, FL

I have a pair of Siemens hearing aids and I got them at Sonus. I was impressed with the service I got at sonus. The really made it easy. They offer a FREE 3 year warranty on the hearing aids. I think they work with most of the main companies that make the hearing aids.

I'm so grateful for Sonus, I didn't realize how much I was missing and when I need adjustment. They're always there to make it right, from batteries to tones. I only have 30% hearing in right ear and lost in left so I wear 2 hearing aids. It was so important to my job to hear. I work in the hospital. Patient voices were low, doctors were loud but Sonus automatically adjusts to what ever environment your in. It takes a while to adjust. You've got to remember you couldn't hardly hear yourself talk let alone someone else and they have credit plans to help you get them. I even got one stolen and I got a replacement.

Re Brian's post on 3-10-2008, In regards to HEARING AIDS, No, Sonus is not a BRAND, it is a network of Hearing Health Care Professionals. Sonus can provide most major brands of hearing aids but it is their high standard of patient care that separates them from other companies. It can be very confusing to try to assess which "brand" of hearing aid is right for you and in truth, most brands have the same levels of technology. This is why it is very important to find a hearing care provider that you trust.

Does anyone have any information on AGX hearing aids and their prices?

By Mary from Denver, CO

i just bought the AGX 7 for 2945.00 in goodletsville tn

h0w much are the agx hearing aids agx3,5,7,9?

Did you buy it outright or do you buy it with insurance paying part of the cost? I was trying to get the AGX 7 as I was recommended to get that one for my lifestyle.

What are the best brands for hearing aids users have found?

By Laura from Tampa, FL

I like Phonak brand. It's a over the ear model with volume control.

I tried an "in the ear" model but it's volume is adjusted by the technician and it was just awful.

I have never bought a hearing aid because my insurance man told me he had a $4,000 hearing aid in the dresser drawer at home. My dad had one and all it did was buzz and was annoying. So I just deal with it. My hearing is not that bad yet. Just wanted to warn you that they are not what they are cracked up to be before you spend your hard earned money on something and then be disappointed with it. Good luck.