Heat Mark on Leather Sofa

Someone set down a very hot dish on the arm of my soft black leather sofa and now I'm left with a grey burn mark the size of a dinner plate. Can anyone help? Would shoe polish work? I'm desperate, the suite is only two months old!

Heat Mark on Leather Sofa

Maybe a permanent marker? Thicker than a sharpie- the one they use to label tiles-marble-granite, or black crayon -heated? I have a black leather sofa and used the mentioned above on scratches. Plate size is pretty big you might want to try some textured paint - if it turns out worse you could always use slipcover or throw. (10/18/2005)

By mcgyver408

Heat Mark on Leather Sofa

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't thought of permanent marker, just shoe polish :) I'll give it a go seeing I've nothing to lose anyway!

Heat Mark on Leather Sofa
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
End of a leather sofa with a lapton on seat.
Cleaning a Leather Sofa