Heat Marks on Wood Furniture

How do I get white heat rings out of furniture?

By Wendyann from Albion Park, NSW Australia

Heat Marks on Wood Furniture

I have found the best way to get rid of the white rings from heat or moisture on furniture. I have tried, with no luck, using mayonnaise, cigarette ashes, toothpaste, hot iron and towels. What I have found that works is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Dampen the eraser rub gently with the grain of the wood and then polishing as usual.

I happen to like Armor All as a furniture polish, if it's not a bad white mark the Magic Eraser will removed it completely, if it solid white you may have to do it several times. It may leave a bit of a ghost, but that's still better than having a big white mark.

This was not a bad one, you can see on the right it's gone. Now that I know how to fix them nobody's making them. (06/09/2009)

RE: Heat Marks on Wood Furniture

The magic eraser saved my life! Thank you so much for suggesting it!!

Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks