Help With a Lost USPS Package

I returned a starter, to Sears, by Priority Mail, that would not fit my mower. I lost my Post Office receipt. Now they will not return my $189.00. What can I do?

By Beth from Jacksonville, TX

Answers:

Help With a Lost USPS Package

If you paid the postage on your credit card, contact the credit card company and they can give you a receipt that may help track your package or prove you mailed it back. (05/08/2010)

By Amy3e

Help With a Lost USPS Package

Call the postmaster general in both zip codes. It took me 6 weeks to get them to find a lost package, but it turned up. They claimed the person opened the wrong mailbox and it was where it should have been all the time. Not true. It was beat up and dirty, but it was found. Call them every day. Place a lost package claim. Call your post office. Then their post office and keep calling. They will eventually find it. If you don't pester them they will stop looking. Call every day to see if it was found. Tell them you are going to file a complaint of negligence. They hate that. There is no excuse for lost packages. (05/11/2010)

By Ann P

Help With a Lost USPS Package

Also keep nagging Sears. There is a good possibility they received it and misplaced it or put it back without crediting you. Keep calling. (05/11/2010)

By Ann P

Help With a Lost USPS Package

Always get a "Delivery Confirmation" when sending something like that. It cost a little more, very little, but it's worth it. It's proof that it was delivered to them, and it's not as expensive as the certified mail that needs a signature. Go to the post office where you sent it and see if they can offer you any help at all. You didn't say the package was lost, just that you can't prove you sent it back. Next time, take it back to your local Sears store. Good luck. (05/11/2010)

By Stngray

Help With a Lost USPS Package

Agree with Ann P's post on making yourself heard at the beginning and ending destination post offices; we sent an out-of-state relative a Priority package that took "two months" to make it less than 500 miles and this was with Delivery Confirmation and tracking, and not during the holiday rush.

My DIL was on the phone every morning, first thing with both post offices for all that time; they got so sick of hearing her that they actually gave her contact numbers for the USPS facilities in-between those points that are sorting centers (good luck finding those contacts on the USPS site or the phone book, it's not happening). In our case, it ended up that the package was "lost" at a sorting facility (scanned and tossed in a corner somewhere), but finally made it home.

I would also agree, too, with getting on Sears to ensure they're not behind on crediting returns.

To be honest, the next time I'm sending anything that needs to be somewhere in a hurry, I'm going with UPS. They automatically insure items up to $100 at no extra cost and I've never, ever had a problem with anything being lost, damaged, or taking the slow boat to get there. In some cases, the cost through them is actually less than the post office.

Good luck. I know how aggravating this is!
(05/12/2010)

By PupperMom

lost package
Post Office Lost a Package
Finding a Lost Relative, Genealogy Study
Finding a Lost Relative
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
A girl who can't find her parents.
Teaching a Child What to Do if They are Lost
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄