Help with Painting Countertops

Decided to give painting my bathroom laminate vanity a try. I've seen so many that look simply beautiful and not like paint at all. Doesn't seem to be working that way for me. I wanted a more soft, blended look and for some reason cannot achieve the desired result.

What I'm wondering is if putting several layers of a polyacrylic will soften it any. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hmmm. My first impression at first glance is, there's too much of the medium color in there. Perhaps if you use a fluffy piece of sea sponge, take the darker color and the lighter color and very lightly tap the sponge all over, first with the dark, then the light. the dark will add a little more dimension, and the light will soften and blend everything a little more. The very light touch should add just little wisps of paint, to soften and blend the colors a bit more. Also, when you sponge paint, it is always better to squeeze too much out of the sponge than to leave too much in the sponge, it gives you more control that way. Good luck!

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomMay 14, 2013
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Nice Countertops
Protecting Your Countertops
Painted Laminate Countertops
Best Sealant for Painted Laminate Countertops
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:52:47 AM on 10.0.2.91 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.