Helping Hair Grow Longer

I am an African teen and my hair has always been shorter than ear length. What can I do to make my hair grow? I stopped relaxing it. All I do is use cod fish oil and flat iron my hair. I am not happy with the results. I feel so ugly sometimes, when I look at my hair. It has really lowered my self esteem. I need a miracle.

By KAS

Best Answer

KAS, I read this on a website: It said not to wash your hair too often because that will make it dry out an break off. Have it trimmed (just a little) every couple of months and use a conditioner every time you shampoo. Lots of conditioner and you should see an improvement.

I hate my hair sometimes too! But may I say without offending you to remember you are a beautiful daughter of God and he doesn't mess up!

Best Answer

Just like a plant that needs nourishment of minerals to grow abundantly and healthy, your head of hair needs nutrition also; begin by taking multivitamins and eating lots of fresh vegetables daily. In six months you should see your hair is longer. You must build up your body that's lacking in certain vitamins and minerals first before you notice improvement with your hair. Be consistent.

Best Answer

The vitamin that helps hair growth is Biotin. Get that as a supplement insted of a multi-vitamin. Not only will the dosage be more (than what is normally included in a multi) it will be alot cheaper.

Best Answer

Beauty comes from within, please do not define yourself by the length of your hair. Carol's daughter products are wonderful and helpful to strengthen hair. When my daughters went through the phase that you are experiencing, I allowed them to wear braids or twists. Also, place a note on your mirror to remind you that you are beautiful. Take the time everyday to find something that is unique that you love about yourself. God loves you and he does not make mistakes.

Best Answer

I know the troubles you are having with your hair. My hair always sat there while everyone else was watching theirs grow. Biotin has been mentioned, but you might also want to try Horsetail. It is silica but it is sold under that name. Nothing works overnight so you need to stick to a vitamin regimen. I think in a 3 month period you will start to see it is working!

First and foremost, you are a beautiful person! Don't ever let your outside take presidence over your inside. People will always remember a persons character and heart before they think whether they had nice teeth or eyes or hair. As for dealing with your hair, the first thing I would do is get a really good hair cut, so that as you grow it out, it works with you. The second most important thing would be to give your flat iron a vacation. Ask your stylist for some good pointers and also, since it's summer, have fun with hair bands, hats, flowers, barrettes, etc. They are such a fun accessory to coordinate with. Give some to your girlfriends and start a trend! Have a great summer!

KAS,

I feel sad for you. I'm sure you are being much too hard on yourself. Look for someone whose hair you admire and talk to them. They could give you some good advice. Cheer up and God Bless You!

I agree with BYHISHAND, you are daughter of God. I can add this when I was four I had no hair except just like little babies have someone told my mother to use coconut oil on my head :) and it worked. I don't know if it was just a fluke but i have thickest and wavy hair. So give it a try!

A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareJune 20, 2011
African American Woman with hands in her long natural hair
Growing Hair Naturally
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Young bald girl smiling
Growing Hair After Chemotherapy
🎉
🎄