Hibiscus Dropping Buds Early

Hi frugal family!

I have a small problem in the garden. I have a Hibiscus plant in the front yard. We have lived in our new home abt 18 months. Last year the Hibiscus bloomed tons but this year it's droppping its buds before they can open up. I saw that you can buy something in the store to discourage the bud drop but I would rather do it a cheaper way. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim in FL

Answers:

Hibiscus Dropping Buds Early

It may be to much or not enough water. Watch out for catapillers on those bushes. They have a nasty bite. (06/14/2005)

By

Hibiscus Dropping Buds Early

You should probably check the plant closely you may have spider mites or other bugs that are killing the bud. You may need to fertilize or water more often too. (06/14/2005)

By Donna J.

Hibiscus Dropping Buds Early
Growing Hibiscus
Growing Hibiscus Plants
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Camellia Bush
Camellia Bush Losing Buds
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
🎉
🎄