Hibiscus Flower Photos

The hibiscus is a large genus of flowering plants that are native to temperate, subtropical, and tropical climates. Winter protection allows you to enjoy them in colder area gardens. This is a guide about hibiscus flower photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 19, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
One of my Hibiscus (rosa-sinensis) has an unusually large bloom. It is so large, I wanted to share it with you.

I admit, I've been a bit stingy with fertilizer. A box of Miracle Gro is $15.00. That's a lot for my purse. (Somebody once said I was so tight, I squeaked when I walked).

Anyway, I found some for $10.00 a box. I bought two. I've been more liberal with it and I sure can tell a difference. Maybe I'll be more liberal all next year.

Don't know why my arm appears do dark. I avoid the sun as much as I can.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

August 15, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
I thought of Judy this afternoon when I discovered my Pink Swirl had opened. Guess this makes us kindred gardener spirits. Just for the heck of it, I'm entering mine in the contest, too. May the best picture win! (I must say, her picture has a much nicer background).

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

August 10, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
A slice of Hawaii in New York! This beauty took my breath away when I saw it this morning.

Photo Location
Long Island, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

April 4, 2011 Flag

My dear parents started growing these hibiscus when I was in high school (oh, oh...does that reveal my age?). My father was a master gardener and could probably grow roots on a pencil. I have saved the seeds from these heirloom plants and have spread them round the world in memory of my dear parents. These grow here in cold Wisconsin even though they are a native of Hawaii.

By Joanne B.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

July 2, 2015 Flag

My main reason for this post is to share my first Hibiscus bloom of the year. It is born on a Hibiscus moscheutos. The name of this variety is 'Luna Pink Swirl'. Yes, I have many tight buds. In a few days, the plant will be covered with blooms.

A Hibiscus Moscheutos, called Luna Pink Swirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 4, 2016 Flag

Commonly known to us as "gumamela", this kind of hibiscus is beautiful because of its chandelier like bloom. The petals are curved upward, but unlike the petals of other varieties of hibiscus, this one is forming like that beautiful chandelier design in your living room.

upturned petal hibiscus flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 7, 2016 Flag

This deep salmon beauty is getting so large. I keep transplanting it to a larger pot. I have no idea what I'll do when it gets too big for me to take it outside every spring and bring it in every fall.

salmon pink hibiscus flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 20, 2015 Flag

This picture is all I have left of one of my favorite hibiscus. I'm sorry to say I lost it two winters ago. I rooted a cutting from a neighbors bush. The neighbor has since cut down the bush.

lovely pink flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 14, 2011 Flag

This is picture is of a hibiscus that I have in my yard. The butterflies and humming birds really like to these flowers.

Closeup of Pink and Yellow Hibiscus

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 10, 2013 Flag

A gorgeous color hibiscus flower blooming in my gardens is a great additon to my gardens. The closeup photograph I took shows all the detail of this wonderful flower.

Red Hibiscus

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2010 Flag

I was out in the back this week and happened to go to the side yard, looking for Buddy. And I was standing near the hibiscus and saw the moon shining through the leaves. My camera is not very good, but this was fun anyway.

Hibiscus

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 28, 2012 Flag

This is a beautiful hibiscus flower I couldn't resist taking a picture of =) I found this outside of our apartment complex in California!

Dark pink flower.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 4, 2013 Flag

I neglected this plant for several years by keeping it in a small pot with poor soil. It never bloomed. Last year I moved it to a larger pot with rich soil. As you can see, the plant is showing its appreciation.

Beautiful Red Marsh Mallow (Hibiscus Coccineus)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 4, 2011 Flag

This hibiscus is amazing in color and in size. It is a perennial, it grows real good here in Florida. I had it in Virginia and I brought with me when I came here.

by Willie q

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2010 Flag

I have a small garden as I live in an apartment. Every year I make sure to get a Hibiscus, as they are my favorite. You can see the beauty they produce with some tender loving care.

By Tammy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 18, 2010 Flag

My friend gave me this hibiscus. Every year, I am amazed at the blooms. Sometimes during the year it has orange flowers or two toned orange/gold. Other times of the year it has pale to med. yellow, single and double flowers.

I hope you will enjoy seeing the changes.

By Great Granny Vi

Answers:

Garden: Hibiscus

I so enjoy your posts and pictures.Thanks for making me smile. (05/24/2010)

By keeper60

Garden: Hibiscus

Thank you for the lovely photos! We just planted a hibiscus that very same color! I can't wait to see the blooms. In the past I have always planted the red ones, but I'm excited to see these in full bloom. (05/25/2010)

By MartyD

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 24, 2010 Flag

My mother's "Dinner Plate" Hibiscus from last year. I wish I could say that this was in my garden!

Source: Garden

By Esther

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 28, 2010 Flag

This Hibiscus is just breathtaking, with blooms almost 10 inches across. This is its first year as I planted it in the spring. Thought I'd share with everyone.

By kostalota from Kamloops, B.C.

Answers:

Garden: Hibiscus

That one is beautiful. I just ordered one called Jazzberry Jam and it's a pink too. I also bought the large deep red hibiscus that has large blossoms too. If I get some seeds from it this year, would you like some? (08/17/2009)

By Lorelei

Garden: Hibiscus

How beautiful. I didn't know you could grow hibiscus that far north. Thanks for sharing. (08/24/2009)

By mulberry204

Garden: Hibiscus

My family bought me a hibiscus plant 10 years ago. Every year I change the soil and fertilizer it a couple of time in the summer, it never blooms. What is your secret? I would like to know. Thank you. (08/24/2009)

By Orcaskat

Garden: Hibiscus

Very pretty. (08/30/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 17, 2009 Flag

I just love this Hibiscus and wanted to share it with the ThriftyFun Family and Friends.

Garden: Hibiscus

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos GardenSeptember 8, 2016
Growing Hibiscus
Growing Hibiscus Plants
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Transplanting a Hibiscus
Starting a Hibiscus from a Cutting
Starting a Hibiscus from a Cutting
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:27:09 AM on 10.0.0.113 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.