Hibiscus Leaves Turning Yellow

The leaves on my hibiscus plants are turning yellow. Some of the
leaves looks limp like they need water. I have beautiful blooms. Can

anyone tell me what to do? I do not want to lose my beautiful plants.

TUEY From FORT COLLINS, CO

Answer:

Tuey,

There are a lot of reasons hibiscus leaves turn yellow. Yellow leaves are a signal that the plant is stressed, but the fact that you have beautiful blooms is a good sign. You didn't say whether or not your plant was growing in the garden or indoors. Have any major changes taken place in the plant's environmental conditions recently? Leaves can turn yellow from too much water, not enough water, a lack of light (doubtful if you have flowers), insect damage (specifically mites and thrips), sudden changes in temperature (extended periods of heat or cold drafts from air conditioners), or from having to adjust to a new location (did you move it recently?). Hibiscuses are rather high maintenance plants that don't adapt quickly to changes in their environment. If insects are the problem, treat as necessary. If they are not the problem and none of these other suggestions seem to fit, check the plant for root damage. Otherwise try to maintain stable conditions for the plant and the problem will probably clear up on its own. Avoid continuously changing its food and water regime and keep its light and location consistent.

Ellen

Answers:

Hibiscus Leaves Turning Yellow

They make fertilizer for flowering bushes with iron in it. You can also dump your used coffee grounds underneath. Epsom salts (2 tablespoons every month or so). Don't water until the ground is dry for an inch under the surface. (06/27/2006)

By Marie Krause

Hibiscus Leaves Turning Yellow

Mine does that every once in awhile too but it doesn't mean anything. I just pull them off. The plant is healthy and blooming. I just leave it alone but fertilize it every 2 weeks. (06/27/2006)

By Sandy

Close up of a hibiscus flower and leaves, some yellow
Hibiscus Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow
🎉
🎄