Hiring Someone to Make a Quilt

Category Shopping
For a very time consuming project, it's important to determine the final price before someone starts to make a quilt for you. This guide is about hiring someone to make a quilt.

I'm in New York. I have my daughter's special dresses that I would like to have made into a quilt for her. I am looking for someone to do this for me. How do I find a quilt maker?

Contact quilting shops, quilt museums, quilt magazines etc.

maybe a facebook group?

Advertise on Craigslist!! Good luck.

Might check with fabric shops to see if they could suggest someone who loves to quilt. Try shops like JoAnn's...or other local shops.

Does anyone know of a company or person to actually make a quilt from ties? I've found a company that makes pillows, but I'd prefer to give my daughter a quilt made from her Dad's ties. Thanks!

Sharon from Philadelphia, PA

You could check with some churches. I know there are many Lutheran churches that have ladies quilting groups, one of these ladies might like to put one together for you.

Find the book called "Daddy's Ties," by Barbara Dotson. It's still in print. She shows a Dresden Plate, which is a wonderful pattern for neckties. Then find a quilter who'll make it for you. It will be expensive. You should expect to pay $300-$600 for a finished quilt, full/queen.

Good Luck blind/_/quilter/@/yahoo/.com/

I have just discovered this website so you may already have your quilt made, however, if not, I make quilts from neckties and would be happy to discuss this project with you.

My friend just made a quilt made of ties, I think she did a very nice job. I don't know what she charges or anything. We live in WA State though so that might be too far a way to enlist. She sent a picture but I deleted it and don't know how to load it if I find it.

I have quilted for many, many years and over the years have made memory pillows. It is quite tedious work, but very rewarding. They are washed beforehand and have to be taken apart. They are stabilized and pieced onto muslin. If you can picture a crazy quilt, that is the way I make use of each tie. So glad you guys saved the ties. My dad died when I was a teenager and he worked in an office and had tons of them. Let me know if I can help anyone. Mary

I hope you have already found someone to make your quilt from neck ties, but, if you haven't feel free to contact me. I was approached just yesterday by someone at a function who asked me to make 5 quilts from her Dad's neck ties. I would be happy to discuss this with you. Thank you!

I am interested in finding someone to make a quilt tie

I am interested in finding someone to make a quilt tie please contact me

Please contact me if you make quilts from ties

I have a hand made quilt top made by my husband's great aunt about 60 yrs ago. I would like it made into a quilt. I do not want machine quilting as the stitching on the top was all done by hand. It is a double bed size.

I am looking to hire someone to tie a quilt. I have the material for a queen and a king.

By Ron from Salt Lake City, UT

Call the Senior center in you area. Those ladies do quilting and all sorts of crafts and needlework. They may not even charge you or they can show you how to do it yourself.

How do I find a person to make quilts from shapes cut from garments that have pockets, decals, designs, logos, patches, stitchery, patterns, or textures and so on, of interest to me?

By Miss Bonnie from Denver, CO